Dots is seeking a Game Design Director to maintain & evolve the game design
discipline at Dots. You will lead & manage a team of Game Designers, growing their skills and
setting standards for devising, documenting, delivering & playtesting world-class gameplay
experiences across all our projects.
As head of our creative Pipeline, youll work with our exec team to agree strategy & commercial goals, & then plan & deliver ideation, prototyping & testing process to generate multiple potential projects against those goals.
Dots is an established gaming company with three mobile hits so far (Dots, Two Dots, & Dots
& Co), & over 100 million installs. It has recently been acquired by Take-Two Interactive.
Were a growing team of multi-talented people. We have big plans for more games in the future
and were looking for a senior leader who can shape our growth.
- Work to define long-term product & creative strategy for our new games pipeline.
- Provide key leadership, coaching & hands-on support to the game design team at Dots & report directly to the President (head of Dots).
- Define & evolve world-class standards for game design at Dots, both for new content & features on our existing & successful game Two Dots, & also for the new games in our pipeline
- Deliver against Dots core value of Player Connection by fostering strong playtesting & player feedback processes.
- Work closely with art, engineering & product teams to enable highly cross-functional development practices.
- Devise & run ideation & prototyping processes that generate potential new projects that meet the studios creative, business & product needs.
- Manage & evolve production, assessment & reporting processes for new game prototypes
- Lead on communication of new games concepts, processes & outcomes across the studio
Required Skills / Experience:
- Proven success in the development & execution of game design for mobile games
- Experience in leading a team, mentoring, coaching & providing clear direction & feedback to game designers
- Extensive hands-on game design experience, including gameplay, content & systems design
- Strong literacy in product & business context for mobile game projects
- Excellent visual, written & verbal communication skills
- Experience contributing to brand-building & IP development
- Ability to drive creativity & innovation, while operating within strategic & commercial goals
- Deep working knowledge of current mobile casual game space.
- Excellent time management, problem solving & organizational skills
- Authorization to work in the United States