Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, & Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding & seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmers Dog is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our growing Design function.
The focus of this role is creating user experience & visual design for existing feature improvements, customer feedback implementation, & new features. You should be enthusiastic about crafting end-to-end experiences that not only meet product needs but deliver joy to our customers. You will be responsible for executing user research, user flows, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, & user testing.
In this role, youll work cross-functionally with Brand, Creative, Engineering, Growth, & Product. The ideal candidate delivers outstanding & innovative solutions for UX strategy & execution. You are someone who is highly customer-centric, detailed, collaborative, & open to feedback.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Collaborate with product managers, brand, engineers, & others to drive projects forward
- Contribute to the overall strategy & decision-making about product direction
- Build user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity visual designs, & interactions
- Ability to balance quality & time while designing product features
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Assist in hiring, mentoring, & establishing a diverse design community within the company
We're Excited About You Because
- Proven 4-7 years of experience working in product design, UI/UX, or related field
- Proficient in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, etc.
- Experience working with signup pages, landing pages, & customer accounts improvements
- Significant experience leading design projects from problem definition to production & beyond
- Expertise designing within an evolving system
- A keen understanding of how modern technologies are used with design (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Ability to think through complex systems
- An empathetic approach to understanding user motivations & needs
- Independent, forward-thinking, & able to clearly convey design decisions & rationale
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug