Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for an experienced engineer to help us build & support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new & existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers & quality assurance analysts. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process & product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration & clarity. Youll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as youll work with many folks in other locations), & also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Finance stakeholders to automate manual processes, ensure compliance with international regulations, & reduce overhead
- Write & maintain scalable, efficient code for the future (and present) of Mailchimps payments processing & tax systems
- Build customer confidence through precise & efficient processing of payments & invoices
- Empower team membersincluding other developers as well as Billing Support & QAthrough technical mentoring, contributions to the teams documentation libraries, & providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Research & propose new approaches to work, new tools, & new best practices for the team
- Tackle high priority issues that may have unclear resolutions at the start
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development
- You have experience developing new & enhancing existing features as well as investigating & resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes & design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of others
- You can clarify requirements & help scope, estimate, & prioritize work
- You can help troubleshoot production issues & are open to switching contexts at short notice
- You are passionate about building great web applications & have a thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- A background in finance, payments, or business processes
- Coding experience in Go, PHP, Python, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
- You are comfortable working with & improving upon legacy systems & code
If you are excited about the role, even if these pluses dont match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.