Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 1,800 employees in the last 2 years.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our Controllership team based in New York. The individual will report to the Senior Accounting Manager of Compass Development Marketing Group. The primary focus of the position will be to own the day to day aspects of our New Development projects. This entails processing billings, handling deposits, processing commission payments as well as handling the related compliance, accounting & reporting aspects. The individual will coordinate with the various operational teams across the nation, the legal & accounting teams, as well as with agents & landlords. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about this great opportunity which combines accounting, compliance, & legal aspects in one role.
- Assist with the review of complex agreements to ensure the proper accounting treatment is applied
- Support with the evaluation of individual projects & their financial performance
- Process project billings, deposits, & commission payments
- Track & maintain complex revenue & expense schedules
- Prepare the related accounting entries
- Collaborate with the accounting team on account reconciliations as well as monthly analytics
- Provide support to operational teams across the nations, agents, landlords, as well as to the legal & accounting teams
- Create & distribute internal reports to various teams as well as to executive management
- Drive process improvement & re-engineer procedures toward a standard solution across markets
- Ensure proper controls are operating effectively & collaborate with the accounting team on improvements
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding the financial audit as well as controls testing
- Other duties & ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Accounting
- CPA required
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
Knowledge & Targeted Competencies
- Knowledge of residential real estate, preferred
- Strong attention to details & project management skills
- Strong analysis, problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task & handle several deadlines simultaneously
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent customer service & ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- High proficiency in Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.