BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 87 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer a long-distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & a long-distance bus service. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car -- so we want to fill those seats too!
In 2019, 100 million travelers used BlaBlaCar globally, saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile, we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one, with 87% of members believing carpooling to be an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a unique international environment with a team counting 40 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo & Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 700 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate & fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
Following BlaBlaCar's goal to expand in shared mobility, entering the bus market, procurement has become a strategic function for us. We therefore aim at developing strong expertise in that field, starting with the recruitment of an experienced specialist.
Buying goods & services at the right price, maximizing their value, & with the right contractual conditions is a key success factor for the company. In addition, compliance in the procurement activities & beyond is fundamental to ensure the company complies with regulations & best practices.
This role is a massive opportunity to develop & transmit competencies & implement the right practices in a scale-up. This means autonomy & creativity are important success factors for this job, which brings a lot of freedom to the person who will hold it.
What you will directly contribute to
- Building sourcing strategies for main goods & services bought by the company
- Developing approach to procurement for BlaBlaCar & support all teams & employees who buy goods or services for the company: methodology, trainings etc.
- Supporting all teams in contract negotiations, especially the most complex ones, with bigger subcontractors or suppliers, or when there is more at stake. This will also require working with the Legal Department.
- Validation of contracts on behalf of the CFO, by participating in the relevant committees.
- Defining approach & targets to comply with Loi Sapin II & any other formal requirements
- Developing a sustainable system to maintain employees' qualifications & awareness on the compliance topic, depending on their responsibilities & exposure to risk of non-compliance.
- Delivering lasting cultural change on both procurement & compliance
What you will need to be successful
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Procurement. Experience in compliance in general is a plus.
- A prior experience in practical purchasing, with a concrete track record of achievements
- A strong ability to conduct & support negotiations in French, English & ideally German
- Be humble, structured, organized, motivated by innovation & a relentless doer
- Enjoy working as a team-player & learning from others
- Excellent stakeholder management skills & be able to foster cultural change at company level
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong Fun & Serious company culture.
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw).
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location.
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork.
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment.
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other.
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands.
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend.
- Internal Show with professional production & coaching to impress your colleagues. with hidden artistic skills, or be impressed by them.
- Possibility to work from another Office abroad for a week once a year.
What is next
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) & answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2 weeks. If your application & profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first screening interview by phone. Followed by several interviews with different team members in the Finance, Legal & Operations teams.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusiveenvironment for all employees.