AlphaSights provides bespoke B2B knowledge solutions to leading professionals in investment management, private equity, management consulting, global corporations & select non-profits.
Our 500+ employees connect professionals to the industry knowledge & market insights they need to identify, assess, & act on opportunities ahead of the competition. With nine offices across the US, EMEA & Asia, we regularly rank as one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Even after 10 years of high growth, we see vast market opportunity ahead of us & are looking for people with talent, ambition, & entrepreneurial drive to join us in rapidly moving our organisation to the next level. See more at www.alphasights.com
This is a new role based in our London Office, managing indirect procurement globally. Sitting within the global Operations function, & working closely with senior stakeholders in Legal & Finance, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for multi-million pound spend across a range of indirect procurement categories. These categories principally include: software, IT infrastructure, professional services, HR services, Facilities Management, insurance, travel, & utilities.
This is a standalone role, tasked with both designing & executing intelligent & efficient procurement processes. The successful candidate will therefore be equally comfortable balancing strategic & tactical elements of the role. Further nuance will be required in balancing the drive to create order, predictability, process on the one hand, with a tolerance for ambiguity, & the pragmatic approach necessitated by our rapidly-evolving, high-growth environment on the other.
We view procurement not as a central policing function, rather as a strategic partner to ensure we continue to optimise vendor contracts, value for money, supply chain, risk profile, & internal processes. This is an ideal opportunity for a procurement professional with relevant private sector experience to make their mark on a dynamic, high-growth firm seeking to optimise procurement
- Procurement Policy & System Design
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Finance, Legal, Operations, & the Commercial Team (CST) to improve existing systems, & establish efficient & intelligent processes at each stage of the vendor lifecycle, from pre-RFP to offboarding.
- Business Partnering & Stakeholder Management
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to ensure optimal buying & vendor management behaviours.
- Be seen as a go-to resource to drive efficient, value optimised, & intelligently contracted procurement.
- Vendor Selection, Negotiation, & Onboarding
- Assist stakeholders with criteria scoping, design RFP & vendor evaluation processes. Coach stakeholders to negotiate & design optimally configured proposals
- Make & assess business cases to onboard, change, & renew suppliers
- Ensure prospective vendors meet all necessary conditions to partner with AlphaSights (e.g. KYC / Data Security), quarterbacking collaboration between purchaser, vendor, Legal, Finance, & any other relevant department (e.g. Engineering)
- Ensure & negotiate optimal value on final contracts
- Onboard suppliers smoothly, ensuring integration with all relevant teams (e.g. Accounts Payables, IT, Commercial Teams)
- Vendor Lifecycle & Relationship Management
- Take point on contract disputes, run review & optimisation task forces, manage re-tender processes
- Conceive of & execute initiatives to further relationships & develop strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Cost Analysis & Value Optimisation
- Track spending trends, & partner with relevant teams (e.g. Finance, Commercial Team) to understand & maximise value & ROI
- Procurement Experience: 4+ years of directly relevant procurement experience in a fast-paced environment. Experience procuring indirect services for a professional services firm is preferred, & familiarity procuring IT services (e.g. software licences) is required. We require robust technical knowledge encompassing: contract fundamentals, excel, relevant industry tools such as vendor management software. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in the areas listed under Responsibilities, having managed multi-million pound annual spend.
- Results Orientation & Drive: The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter with strong prioritisation skills, taking a pragmatic approach to identifying the highest impact areas of focus, then designing & following well-considered plans to unlock value. Resilience & determination are key qualities for this role, as is a meticulous mindset & consistent attention to detail.
- Commercial Acumen, & Negotiation Skills: A strong commercial mindset is required for this role; the successful candidate will get a kick out of always unlocking optimal value through contract configuration & intelligent negotiation.
- Stakeholder Management & Interpersonal Skills: Working as a sparring partner across all functions, levels, & regions, the successful candidate will be able to quickly forge trusted & positive professional relationships. The ability to create, assess, & constructively challenge compelling business cases is a crucial skill in this position. High EQ; gravitas to convey expertise along with the humility to accept feedback & others points of view in a highly collaborative environment.
- Creativity & Adaptability: This role requires a tolerance for ambiguity, as well as the ability to conceive of elegant & efficient new systems & workarounds.
- Track record: proven record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities. A Bachelors Degree is a requirement for this role