Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs
The Director of Enterprise Risk will establish the processes, tools, & systems needed to provide centralized oversight of company-wide risks. You will be accountable for the overall assessment, monitoring, & reporting of key risks from various business lines through close partnership with other key partners in the organization including members of the Compliance, Internal Audit, Security, & Operational Risk teams. In this role, you will report results to Brexs executive team & the Board of Directors & work directly with them to establish appropriate risk tolerance & drive better governance. This is a leadership role & will also be responsible for building & leading team.
What you will do:
- Partner across business lines to establish Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) as well as strategies & processes for understanding, evaluating, & mitigating company-wide risks
- Lead & establish enterprise-level priorities for existing & emerging risks.
- Ensure these risks are monitored as the business changes
- Serve as a point of contact for internal & external audit engagements including financial, regulatory, security, & industry-standard audits by helping to gather relevant information
- Establish processes & procedures to collect data & information that drives extraordinary, data-driven decision making.
- Collaborate closely with key risk personnel & business owners to understand & managing company-level risk.
- Build rapport within the company to advocate for policies & procedures that drive better risk-related decision-making
- Assist in remediation related the results of exams with counterparts in other risk functions
- Build & lead the Enterprise Risk Management function
What you will bring:
- Deep expertise in enterprise or operational risk management that includes crafting process, assessing risk, control effectiveness & design, & mapping control processes as well as working with technical & non-technical teams to establish frameworks that assist in each
- Strong awareness of business priorities as well as outstanding judgment in evaluating material versus immaterial business opportunities & risks
- Substantial experience working communicating with partners around the business including providing written & verbal reports to executive leadership & the board of directors
- A data-driven, business-focused, entrepreneurial approach to enterprise risk & desire to work closely with various teams across the org
- Experience evaluating & selecting appropriate tools & systems to monitor & track risks throughout the company, & strong experience with relational databases & reporting tools
- At least 7 years in risk roles in financial services or related industries
- A curious attitude & a healthy amount of humility when working with others, & a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment
- A passion for mentoring, developing, & managing a team
- Excellent organization & project management skills with an ability to work under tight deadlines & prioritize multiple priorities within a dynamic financial services company