Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
You will aid in the planning, coordination & execution of various Accounting & cross-functional projects including, but not limited to: system implementations, cross-functional working groups surrounding data & reporting, process documentation, department priorities & roadmap development. You will create project plans, lead project team activities, track progress, mitigate risks, manage the resolution of issues & monitor & communicate project status. You are the glue that holds teams together - always ensuring that everyone is on the same page & following up as needed.
What you'll work on:
- Lead & support Accounting on various projects by managing scope, deliverables, timing, follow-up, risks & by partnering with cross-functional teams to drive team alignment in order to address tactical issues, timing, dependencies, status, milestones, etc.
- Assign tasks to internal teams & oversee the day-to-day progress of projects - working together to eliminate any blockers.
- Organize & lead project meetings & compile project status reports to drive deliverables to schedule, as well as develop resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Provide regular updates to Accounting Leadership & teammates, calling out risks, critical decision points & need to prioritize.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in project planning sessions to define Accounting requirements, scope & objectives. Cross functional teams you will work with include: SEC reporting, FP&A, SOX/Internal Controls, Engineering, Product Development, Treasury.
- Establish strong relationships with all project stakeholders including team members & leadership.
- Establish & improve internal processes where necessary.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including project and/or program management within an Accounting & Finance department
- You have an understanding of Accounting operations, including month-end, financial reporting, internal controls & financial systems.
- You are an incredible communicator both verbally & in writing. You are comfortable interfacing with all levels & across all departments within the organization
- You have a proven track record of leading diverse, cross-functional project teams & getting projects across the finish line.
- You have excellent time management, organizational, & project management skills.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment & adapting to change.
- A basic understanding of crypto assets & blockchain technology is a plus with a strong desire to learn more. You are passionate about bringing this technology to the mainstream.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.