Our Video Playback Experience team builds the over-the-top applications that serve as the front door for Vimeo OTT. This is an opportunity to develop at the forefront of video & application technology, overcoming diverse technical challenges while building beautiful interfaces.
What you'll do:
- Accompany your code with meaningful test coverage.
- Develop online video applications for Samsung TV, Xbox One, Chromecast devices
- Provide feedback on your efforts & the work of others.
- Experiment & discover solutions to a range of technical problems.
- Drive towards the best video playback experience.
- Coordinate with team members effectively.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years building web applications.
- Willingness to learn & experiment with new technology.
- Experience in programming interactive browser-based applications.
- Solid understanding of object oriented design.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of OTT development.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
The Vimeo OTT platform provides an end-to-end solution for individual creators, niche programmers, & major media partners to build & distribute premium over-the-top (OTT) video channels (think Netflix in-a-box!). With over five hundred subscription channels with over 150 apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, & Roku, Vimeo OTT focuses on the core technology while our sellers focus on what they do best: making content. We are building a platform that is powerful & customizable enough to serve as the backbone to all premium video networks across the globe.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.