Unata in a nutshellLook at us! Were in a nutshell!
Unata is on a mission to build the grocery shopping experience of the future. Our white label platform powers the digital customer experience for some of North Americas most well-respected grocers, & we dont plan on stopping here. We were acquired by Instacart in 2018 so that we could take over the grocery world with the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution in the market. Unata operates as a independent subsidiary headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Were a group of people with a strong moral compass, & with bright ideas who actively collaborate with one another to achieve goals as a team. Were a passionate bunch who want to create something that has never been done before.
Our pieces of flare
- Canada's (#2) Best Place to Work (SMB, 2017).
- Canada's 11th, & North America's 52nd Fastest Growing Tech Company (PROFIT 500),
- Canada's 50 fastest growing companies
- Canada's top 20 most innovative companies.
What you will be doing
Our Digital Experience team is responsible for building all key touch-points of the Unata platform including the next generation of our mobile app platform. Our product roadmap is full of challenging projects that require innovative engineering solutions. Alongside a team of designers, engineers & data scientists, youll be building mobile apps that power the best digital grocery experience in the market.
We value Mobile Engineers who have the following
- Is well-versed with one or more state management frameworks for React Native (e.g. redux-thunk, redux-saga)
- Has previously built native iOS or Android apps
- Brings outstanding object-oriented design, development, & coding skills
- Easily designs & develops efficient, testable code & is familiar with automated testing, JS build & packaging systems such as Webpack or Jest
- Can quickly break down high level requirements into smaller, more manageable pieces
- Understands business requirements, & can take them into consideration when discussing development risks & opportunities
- Is enthusiastic & energetic, striving daily for new heights & making an impact.
- Has excellent written & verbal communication skills; are open to feedback & able to provide constructive criticism fairly & are comfortable speaking to internal & external clients at any level.
- Has approximately three years of experience developing mobile commerce apps
What this opportunity has to offer for you
- Ownership over the mobile experience that helps our clients/Partners wow their customers
- The chance to help shape the technical future of our product as we scale to scores of retail partners & millions of users
- Time & a professional development budget to attend various developer conferences
- A dedicated team filled with people that want to make an impact
- A working environment where your opinions are valued
- A place within a company that appreciates learning new technologies & implementing them when they make sense
- & more!
Want to join a talented team of people changing the way the world grocery shops?
Unata is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team representative of the city we live in, & the people who use our product everyday. We believe that the best solutions are the ones created from a variety perspectives & that experience comes in many forms. If you are reading this posting & thinking 'I could do that!', we strongly encourage you to apply (i.e. exact experience not required).
Apply today with a copy of your resume, & let us know why you're a great fit for the position! Visit www.unata.com/careers/. To learn more about our parent, please visit www.instacart.com.