What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director of Operation Risk Management to join our growing team!
About Your Team
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Enterprise Risk team as a Director of Operational Risk Management. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Operational Risk & drive change through a risk based approach to produce materials, facilitate meetings, own & manage projects, developing process for monitoring & execution of controls inventory & testing that aligns with compliance frameworks & policies. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's products & business lines & possess a strong background in audit, compliance risk management, governance, & operational risk management frameworks.
- Conduct multiple, complex, concurrent operational risk assessments
- Drive development of & maintaining issue management best practices within GRC tool, LogicGate
- Validate the adequacy & appropriateness of remediation or resolution plans to address any regulatory and/or risk recommendations
- Assists in operating process & internal control improvement initiatives
- Develops & provides reporting to various levels of management on operational risks/issues identified within the business line to help identify risk trends & improve risk management
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies
- Implementing additional governance over events & incidents providing risk challenge of the remediation efforts
- Draft end-to-end process flow diagrams capturing operating procedures for various activities, noting key controls governing specific process steps & registering in the GRC support tool
- Monitor compliance with risk management frameworks & policies
- Develop & maintain relationships with heads/managers of business lines & functions as part of the continuous risk monitoring activities
- Assist with Ad hoc projects as necessary to strengthen the Risk culture & help to mature the various Risk programs across the business
- Bachelor's degree in applicable & related field (Accounting, Finance), Masters strongly preferred
- At least eight to ten years of experience in an audit or risk management function & CIA/IAP/QIAL certifications with leadership experience
- Solid understanding of compliance risk management, governance, & risk management concepts & related regulatory expectations including AML/KYC/BSA
- Awareness of technology audit & controls & related certification (CISSP or similar) a strong plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders & regulators
- Ability to work in a team, liaise with other departments & adapt to new situations & approaches
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Familiarity with G-Suite applications & LogicGate preferred
- Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit & experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
- Experience in Banking Audit and/ or Risk Management improvement or remediation projects, experience / interest in cryptocurrencies & blockchain a strong plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand