Before new medical treatments can be administered to the public, they must demonstrate safety & efficacy in a clinical trial. These trials protect consumers from ineffective & dangerous products, but the clinical trial process also presents a tremendous bottleneck in delivering life-saving treatments to patients. A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties & data formats to gather, store, analyze, & audit clinical data. Mistakes & delays are common, & fewer than 10% of trials finish on time.
At TrialSpark, we are looking for talented analytics engineers to help us reimagine the clinical trial process from first principles & build the end-to-end clinical trial platform.
As an Analytics Engineer, youll be the chief steward of our analytical data infrastructure. You will model complex data, build & integrate reliable data pipelines, surface essential company metrics, & develop tools that streamline data discovery & knowledge sharing. Youll sit on TrialSparks Platform Team & work closely with Data Analysts, Platform Engineers, Product Engineers, & key cross-functional stakeholders to create a data architecture that ensures the right information is available & accessible to all stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Building & maintaining the analytics layer of our teams data environment to make data standardized & easily accessible
- Maintaining & performance tuning our Redshift cluster & any expensive queries
- Maintaining & improving our Looker model to ensure that stakeholders can access the data they need in a clear & reliable way
- Integrating third party data sources as we add marketing channels, data partners & other vendors
- Working closely with Product & Engineering to ensure upstream product & schema changes integrate well with our data model; & when it doesnt build the necessary capabilities to adjust
- Supporting health data model transformations (For example, CCD to OMOP)
- Administering Redshift & Looker
- When needed, performing stakeholder related work, such as dashboards or analysis
- Integrating & productionizing analyst & data science models as needed
- Building data expertise & best practices across the team
- Owning end-to-end data quality for all analytical needs
- Defining & managing SLAs for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- 2-4 years of relevant analytical experience
- BS/BA in a quantitative degree
- Experience building analytical data models
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in LookML
- Experience with Python
- Experience with dbt is a plus
- Strong communicator; experience working with non-technical stakeholders a plus
- You are passionate about our mission. You are excited about building the perfect team to bring medical treatments to patients faster.
- You are organized, persistent and empathetic. You consistently follow-up on tasks & arent afraid to track down people to help solve problems.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.