Location: New York or Remote in the US
We have an office in New York & this position can either be based in the office, hybrid remote, or remote in the US (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction). Working EST hours will be required to allow for overlap with our UK team. It is our strong preference that the individual sits in the EST or CST time zones.
OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected FinTech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. Within finance, the number of firms utilizing OpenFin technology has grown from 2,400 to 3,800 since the launch of Workspace in May 2021.
About the Role
As OpenFin matures & our design footprint continues to grow, we are looking for another exceptional designer to help scale our efforts. We are looking for a designer who has worked on teams, knows contemporary digital best practices, & can work to spec & deadline. Youll be joining a great, hardworking team who are as passionate about design as they are about having fun!
- Own marketing design projects from ideation to rollout while managing personal workflow, schedule, & deadlines
- Collaborate with marketing partners to create beautiful content & iterate when necessary
- Maintain our social presence across our key channels using the video & graphical assets you've created to bring our brand & product features to life
- Manage, develop, & evolve marketing assets & help raise the standard for brand at OpenFin
- Comfortable with video/animation editing tools to help bring new product features to market
- Manage & maintain website visuals (comfortable using CMS tools)
- Partner with our Product Design team to enhance & apply new design styles & aesthetics for our collection of products
- Partner with our Product Marketing Manager to enhance our collateral & customize assets for key accounts
- Leverage our brand assets & website redesign to support ongoing marketing campaigns
- Speak to your work with stakeholders balancing thoughtful opinions with an appetite for feedback
What Were Looking For
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality creative expertise across a variety of channels within branding, social media, product, corporate communications, etc.
- Strong ability to build a narrative around your work & guide stakeholders through the creative process
- A solid understanding of design principles including color theory, typography, & layouts
- Strong attention to detail
- Have great taste & inject some fresh attitude to our brand
- You work in Figma & love it, like us!
- A passion for design & staying up-to-date with the latest design trends & techniques
- Illustration experience is a bonus
- Experience with video editing/animation tools is a bonus
What Were Offering
- Time to Rejuvenate - 20 days of paid time off, in addition to 12 paid holidays each calendar year
- Time to Recuperate - 40 hours of sick time each calendar year
- Medical/Dental & Vision - Competitive plans, offering up to 90% coverage & a variety to choose from, so you can pick the plan thats right for you
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Parental Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Account
- Stock Options
Additional Perks -
- One Medical - Free membership, which provides same-day or next-day medical appointments
- Talkspace - One year membership, which provides mental health therapy 24/7
- Commuter benefits - Contribute pre-taxed dollars towards your commuting expenses (NYC employees only)
- Citibike - One year membership, which allows an unlimited amount of 45-minute bike rides for a full year (NYC employees only)
- Employee Resource Groups - We believe in having support systems in place & relevant ways for everyone to connect
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding & supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. We value & appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests & experiences. Getting to know each other & forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours & virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive & enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast & working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
Voted FinTech of the Year, 2022 at the US FinTech Awards