BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
ABOUT BARK EATS
BARK Eats is a new take on feeding your dog. We are working on making it more fun, tastier & personal without limiting ourselves to only the premium/fresh market. We hand deliver portioned meals, backed by our nutritionist - all for the same price as the pet store. Taking all of the tricks around engagement from the BarkBox tool kit & applying it to this daily activity. We're going city by city, & each city will launch with Growth, Operations, & Concierge leads.
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Build beautiful intuitive user interfaces & build on our backend services to access customer data.
- Feature Delivery: Write well-designed, testable & reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy & your coworkers too.
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability & scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- 2+ years of full-stack web-development experience using Ruby on Rails
- An entrepreneurial spirit & ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Previous start up experience highly preferred
- Must love dogs
Check out our new tech blog here!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.