Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Financial Analyst, Europe FP&A,we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Financial Analyst, Europe FP&A is primarily responsible for assisting with the expense & headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting & performance tracking activities across the European region.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This person will be part of a team that will be responsible for the end-to-end process to:
- Deliver financial forecast modelling primarily focused on expense & headcount performance across Europe
- Monitor Europe's expense performance & determine multi-year financial plans & commitments, financial budgets, forecasts & gaps
- Deliver financial management analytics & communicate business implications from analysis
- Execute other planning & performance analysis
- Assist with developing a culture where optimising performance is everybody's responsibility to assist with the delivery of our strategic & financial goals.
- This role will report to the Director, Europe FP&A, & will be based in London at our Paddington office.
- Assist with planning, budgeting, forecasting & performance tracking activities on expenses & headcount across Europe
- Assist with modelling & exercises to increase profitability, efficiencies & performance that contribute to short to multi-year regional/country specific goals
- Assist with effort to quantify financial results from activities & initiatives identified during the planning process as part of the annual budgeting process
- Assist with effort to deliver expense & headcount budget that will be followed by entire European organization
- Communicate business insights from ongoing monitoring & modelling of various metrics & benchmarking resources
- Proactively track performance of the European business to provide insights that drive actions or remediation plans & ensure delivery of key activities & annual/multi-year goals
- Assist with Management of KPI's related to expenses & headcount target setting process along with global counterparts & other key stakeholders
- Build in-depth knowledge & drive deeper understanding of Visa's business model & levers across the organization, particularly the Finance Business Partners
- Assist with the design & implementation optimized & repeatable expense & headcount planning processes with clear requirements, shortened cycle times & simplified processes
- Assist with management of system changes & implementation of new expense & headcount planning tools in collaboration with Financial Systems Strategy, IT & Global Finance teams
- Assist with preparation of financial analysis & meeting materials with Reporting function
- Work closely & effectively with other finance functions & global/regional teams
What we're after
- Advanced degree or equivalent experiencein high performing global companies
- Excellent critical thinking skills, & focus on intellectual rigour & strong business ethics
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills & ability to successfully promote collaboration across different teams & interface with people at various levels across the organisation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & ability to clearly communicate insights from financials to assist with business decisions
- Action-oriented with a can-do attitude to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Excellent analytical & quantitative skills; outstanding financial modelling skills with an understanding of financial applications & databases
- Experience in Finance & Strategy/Planning, including good understanding of accounting concepts
- Intellectually curious, able to engage, enable & inspire others
- A hands-on approach to all activities with real passion & high levels of energy. Agile & comfortable adapting to different environments
- Creative & resourceful in overcoming barriers & unexpected roadblocks. Courageous in spirit, driving change through innovation
- Possesses high personal standards of ethics & integrity towards employees, stakeholders & customers
- Diversity of thought & experience. Continually seeks new perspectives & feedback, takes an inclusive approach
- Eager to seek a challenge & expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets & meets a high bar of goals & principles
- Committed to building a community through Visa's Leadership Principles
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development & growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee & professional accreditation from ACCA & CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe's high standards of staff training & development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees & Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA & CIMA
- Simplified CPD & performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications & support
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.