BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Los Angeles Post-Production team in a project-based capacity to work on Branded content. Were looking for someone who can edit & complete their own professional level final finishing on projects. This is a freelance position with a project rate range of $400-500/day depending on experience.
- Partner with Producers & Post-Production team editing branded content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos & formats both unscripted & scripted
- Quickly assemble edits & implement notes from creatives & clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Stay super organized & follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Work with the Post-Production team to flag & communicate any watch outs with the shoot & scope of creative.
- 4+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- 1+ years Experience in Branded Content or Agency Editing
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects
- Working knowledge of Audition, DaVinci, & other common 3rd party software a plus
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Experience cutting Story-driven Edits
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Passion & knowledge for editing theory
- Experience designing & laying in GFX/VFX
- Balance & grade color, & mix & level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production & Production process, software & equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media & digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Bachelors degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve edited or current reel.
- Must include branded samples
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.