About the right team member:
The Corporate Development team is at the heart of all things Betterment, turning new opportunities into a reality to better serve the financial needs of America. On our team, you will build trusted relationships with our brand, retail, product, tech, & customer experience teams to help. You enjoy identifying new opportunities in the market & find true satisfaction leading the entire process from strategy & ideation through execution & integration. You will have proven success understanding partner needs, then crafting, positioning & customizing solutions, & finally negotiating & closing deals. By nature, you are proactive, driven & resilient. Youre excited to be a Betterment evangelist, & you are looking for a role that will empower you to make substantial & immediate impacts on our future.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Lead the process of identifying, sourcing, due diligence, deal negotiations & integration for all corporate strategic initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape & industry offerings & provide thoughtful & insightful findings to our teams
- Create business cases & partner with FP&A to prepare valuation models for partnerships or M&A activity
- Build strong internal relationships with engineering, product, finance, legal & other teams, & provide support to all elements of work as it relates to diligence work & integration
- Structure partnerships & prepare proposals, memorandums of understanding, & contracts
- Identify & solve complex operational issues, often unique to each deal
- Maintain a comprehensive database of prospective partners across multiple areas of interest, nurturing relationships & building a robust network along the way
- Measure & report on effectiveness of partnerships and/or M&A post transaction
You will be effective if you have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience: leading corporate development in fintech, and/or experience serving the financial services industry at a investment bank or management consulting firm
- Experience executing successful M&A & partnerships from ideation to completion
- Deep understanding of the financial services industry & potential partners across industries
- Experience preparing industry analyses & presentations, & presented to senior management
- A robust network of relationships in financial services
- Driven change at the senior management level -- both internally & with external partners
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing & balancing needs cross-functionally
- Ability to initiate & drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business.Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.