This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
- Works with leadership/business partners (e.g., Directors) to discuss & understand goals/functional objectives & key business challenges to develop hypotheses around current & future business issues; identifies functional analytics & research objectives & develops tactical research plans.
- Provides guidance to Directors & advises on next steps based on insights objectives & research.
- Presents actionable recommendations to Directors to inform strategic & tactical functional initiatives.
- Provides & supports the implementation of business solutions
- Collaborates with functional leadership & cross-functional teams (e.g., Categories, Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for workstreams & individual projects for a business area, category or prototype.
- Interfaces with external business partners & vendors.
- Coordinates, completes, & oversees job-related activities & assignments
Data Collection & Analysis:
- Addresses complex business problems
- Ensures compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- Develops data models (algorithms, approaches) for workstreams & individual projects within a business area or category to drive business results & value.
- Collaborates with project team to implement modeling solutions.
- Builds & leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Coaches team members & provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance.
- Conducts performance & career development conversations, if applicable.
- Maintains team motivation & engagement.
- Mentors less experienced associates.
- Owns workstreams & individual projects end-to-end for a business area, category or prototype.
- Manages risk associated with implementation.
Proof of Concept & Prototype:
- Manages the development & implementation of prototypes & production-ready complex algorithms for workstreams & individual projects.
- Manages the testing & validation process to monitor the solution.
- Collaborates with Advanced Analytics Experts to develop new data analysis techniques.
- Provides supervision & development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field
- 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years' experience in data analytics or related field
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis
- Master's degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field