Squarespace is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Lead to build out a center of excellence for competitive insights. With millions of websites across the globe, Squarespace has an incredibly diverse customer base, & sits in a category that supports entrepreneurs, small business owners, & hobbyists alike. We are constantly looking for ways to better understand customer needs & how best to stand out to those who need our tools the most.
This role will sit within the Market Research team, & will drive the development of a centralized point of view of the market landscape & competitive positioning within the vertical. The Competitive Intelligence function will draw from work & resources cross-functionally to provide thought leadership & keep the organization abreast of latest developments & strategic shifts.
We are looking for an analytical & creative individual who is excited about building out the foundations of a Competitive Intelligence function end-to-end. You will build relationships across Squarespace to understand existing resources & identify gaps in order to create recurring reports highlighting competitive strengths, weaknesses & strategies. In addition to deep curiosity for the industry & the ability to find creative solutions to complex problems, you should have a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, & have the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once. Prior experience with competitive analysis & driving adoption of insights across multiple departments is required for this role. This position is based in New York City & reports directly to the Head of Market Research.
- Track, report, & provide insights on Squarespace competitors, internationally and across product categories
- Develop frameworks & evaluation criteria for the changing landscape of the competitive marketplace
- Present key findings, insights & implications to internal stakeholders in a concise & actionable manner
- Develop and/or onboard tools to promote a competitive insights culture that informs/influences key decisions
- Conduct ad hoc competitive analyses & interpretation of data to drive meaningful action
- Create key benchmarks & KPIs for how we consider our competition
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence & analysis, working cross-functionally
- Experience working with Marketing in a Research, Finance, Strategy, or related capacity
- Experience working with Product teams with comfort interfacing with executive leadership
- Passionate about analyzing disparate sources of data & synthesizing information down to what matters most for the business
- Excellent storytelling across modes of communication
- Experience in a technology/SaaS-related industry preferred
- Experience writing & creating clean, synthesized executive reports from multiple sources
- Experience working in a G-Suite environment is a plus
- Very comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to balance competing priorities while collaborating & sharing responsibilities across the team
- Excellent communication & organization skills
- Collaborative & a team player
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, along with the ability to stay focused on the big picture
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)