Everyone has a private body care routine. Places they want hair, places they dont, & ways of caring for & removing it. Meet Flamingo, body care for everywhere
About the Team
The Copy Lead is responsible for creating or editing short & long form content in the voice of the brand. This role will be a thought partner to the Creative Director & Marketing team to help bring the Flamingo voice to life across all channels & concept industry leading campaigns. They approach each task, small or large, with the same attention to detail & enthusiasm. They are an inspiring leader, who loves to multitask & is motivated by leading cross-functional projects & mentoring a junior copywriter.
Who are we looking for?
A customer centric, left & right brain creative who carefully balances systemic thinking & gut-led, creative thinking to powerful brand narratives. A people driven team player. They should be able to lead & mentor a junior copywriter, as well as build successful relationships cross functionally. This motivation is crucial to the growth opportunities in this role.
About the Role
This person will need to be first & foremost a wordsmith with a great ability to write in a conversational yet trustworthy way. We are looking for:
- Ability to lead brand narratives.
- Ability to think about naming systems & brand architecture.
- A true thought partner & conceptual thinker. A big idea person!
- Someone who roots their work in customer insights.
- Someone who is passionate about the wellness space, understands womens routines, & is willing to nerd out over product innovation as much as they are on big brand moments.
- A love for iterative & collaborative work.
- A creative mind - be able to push unconventional ideas & articulate them in the brand voice.
The ideal candidate has talent & experience building strong commercial & narrative work for brands, has worked closely with a brand/marketing team before & is well versed in how an in-house team operates.
Who is this person? What experience do they have so far?
They should have at least 5 years experience writing copy for fast growing start-ups or brands & preferably have experience working across a variety of environments, from editorial to e-commerce to digital product, ideally while owning the brand voice & guidelines. Agency experience is not a must, but experience with a fast paced environment where you have to present & strategically support your ideas would make this person successful.
They should have experience communicating with different audiences & building a consistent voice for a brand, no matter the channel.
They should be a technically skilled writer able to proof work across the organization; meaning they should know that the semicolon in this sentence is misplaced.
They should be able to communicate cross-functionally with business stakeholders in order to optimize language & copy for various channels. Furthermore, they should be constantly engaging with channel owners to learn how to maximize performance of their work & demonstrating those learnings where & when its applicable.
They understand the perspective of their customers, & have a knowledge of what it takes for them to engage with a brand. Their work demonstrates this knowledge & is therefore easy for them to defend to a variety of stakeholders.
They will be expected to partake in innovation & product architecture conversations, build copy systems & brainstorm campaign concepts with the creative team . When presenting work to the creative director or to internal & external stakeholders, they should be able to address questions, concerns, & critique in a clear, confident way & be able to pivot quickly based on feedback.
They understand the strategy behind where & when copy lives, & consider this whenever they are writing, they love to nerd out about products, ingredients & wellness in general. Their enthusiasm is contagious.
They are a true editor, meaning their work is informed by the larger cultural forces at play around them. They are expected to bring this breadth & depth of knowledge to work with them, & consider it when storytelling for the company.
Here's who they will work with:
- Reporting to Head of Creative
- Creative Team
- Flamingo Marketing team
What they will accomplish:
- Develop & implement a cohesive brand voice across all channels. A deep understanding of how conversational tone works & a good understanding of womens wellness & self care landscape, as well as our consumer & her interests.
- Oversee all copy work on behalf of the brand, & make sure the voice is cohesive across all channels.
- Move from concepting to executing & perform at a high level in all parts of the copywriting process.
- Think strategically about product architecture, packaging language & educational collateral.
- Work within the Flamingo Creative Team & partner cross-functionally on projects big & small, establishing trust along the way.
- Be very organized & systematic about documents, archiving information, getting feedback, & keeping track of updates.
- Be able to self manage, adjust priorities, & work in parallel on multiple projects.
- Translate key consumer insights & marketing briefs into compelling advertising brand campaigns by partnering with the CD.
- Oversee the copy work for paid digital & social channels. Be the last pair of eyes to spell check & voice check.
- Flex into different work styles with different teams (marketing & creative have different needs & timelines) & build long lasting work relationships with legal & R&D.
- Show the same level of passion on product descriptions & social posts as they do concepts & big campaigns.
- Act as true editor, meaning their work is informed by the larger cultural forces at play around them. They are expected to bring this breadth & depth of knowledge to work with them, & consider it when storytelling for the company.
- Be interested in the metrics related to their work & motivated to optimize on performance analytics. They must be as excited to experiment in 10 words or less as they are to write long-form articles.
- Their approach to creative work is thus informed by both qualitative & quantitative methodologies, & they have a proven ability to work independently where necessary, & to meet aggressive deadlines.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.