Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet (parent company to Google) through its urban technology partner, Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
The Out-of-Home (OOH) industry is growing at an accelerated rate, & Intersection is leading the way. To support the growth, were expanding our dynamic National Team.
Intersection is seeking a National Account Executive, based in Chicago or NYC, who is a seasoned media professional with a strong sales acumen. The right candidate will be skilled at building relationships with brands directly, a strategic thinker & planner, & proven at creating new revenue opportunities.
This National Account Executive will bring to the company strong existing client & agency relationships & a detailed understanding of the advertising industry & media landscape. They will be laser focused on growth strategies & skilled at working cross functionally with teams who will support day-to-day agency management efforts. They will also be fluent in the use of audience data & measurement solutions.
This National Account Executive will work as part of a team responsible for driving revenue for OOH & digital OOH, across top DMAs including NYC (on our award-winning platform, LinkNYC), Austin, Boston, Chicago, LA, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle, SF.
This seller will work directly with Fortune 750 brands planning & buying across our national footprint while managing strategic oversight for, in addition to managing a team dedicated to, working with OOH Agency Specialist groups.
This sellers main goals will be focused around developing new revenue channels, shifting share to OOH from competing media, managing senior-level relationships, & increasing client spend.
Within your first month:
- You will gain an understanding of your clients needs & historical campaigns & media preferences
- You will focus on strengthening your client/agency relationships through regular face to face meetings
- You will partner cross-functionally to learn about Intersections internal teams, systems, our media offerings nationally & competitive landscape in each market
- You will travel to several Intersection markets to experience our media first hand
- You will develop & implement effective national sales & marketing strategies that maximize sales opportunities
- You will work alongside the National Sales Director, West Coast to start building a framework for account development
Within your first year:
- You will generate revenue from agencies & clients, consistently achieving quarterly & annual targets, & growing spend against goals
- You will retain & grow client base managing a $5mm-10mm book of business, while also driving organic business from new channels
- You will educate prospects & clients on all of Intersections media assets, tailor custom proposals to meet marketing objectives & create a winning experience for clients that leads to future business
- You will build & maintain deep & complex relationships, to ensure Intersections portfolio is well represented across all key agencies & accounts
- Use research, analysis, & media landscape knowledge to create rationale & recommendations for proposed solutions
- You will communicate with Management opportunities & challenges as well as pipeline forecasts (utilizing Salesforce on a daily basis)
- You will be an evangelist for the company on the West Coast, helping to build culture internally & a brand externally
Youre great for this role because:
- You have multimedia advertising experience
- You have proven success meeting & exceeding national advertising sales targets & managing multi-million dollar budgets & books of business
- You have strong agency & direct client/brand relationships
- You are a self-starter with excellent time management, decision-making skills & a strong work ethic
- You have outstanding communication skills; excellent cross-functional collaboration & teamwork
- You have excellent presentation skills presenting to senior level agency & client contracts
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status & all other legally protected characteristics.