Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
You will manage programs & events that foster employee engagement & cultivate Intersections culture among a diverse & rapidly growing organization. Your objectives will directly impact efforts related to employee satisfaction, enhancements to our culture initiatives, & improving our internal employee communication plans. This role will also play a role in continuing the development of our D&I initiatives by owning our annual D&I survey, company-sponsored employee resource groups, & working with other teams to bring relevant programming to our NY headquarters & regional offices.
Within the first three to six months, you will:
- Develop & lead employee recognition efforts related to tenure-based moments, IxNspiration & MVP Awards, & maintain real-time recognition activities
- Own & amplify efforts related to employee on-boarding activities
- Provide ongoing management of deliverables for Intersections connection events: Culture Committee, employee volunteerism, executive lunch roulettes, Lunch & Learns, & interactive employee events in all of our offices
- Deliver meaningful content to our employees through our employee newsletter, InterMission, sharing news from internal teams around our people & living up to our core values
- Own & execute quarterly Town Halls by working closely with the CEO & Executive Team on content
- Partner with Head of Payroll & Benefits to support wellness events across all offices
- Partner with Recruiting Operations to manage our external presence on Glassdoor & implement campaigns during key moments of the employee journey
- Create & facilitate learning content across the company
Within the first year, you will:
- Own our employee engagement activities, including the annual employee engagement survey
- Own & perform analysis on our annual diversity & inclusion survey
- Manage the initiatives found in the employee engagement survey to drive positive trends on key outcomes of the survey. Maintain a pulse on employee morale & engagement, continuously identifying opportunities to create an outstanding workplace.
- Drive & focus on the connectedness of the organization as a whole
- Analyze information & identify workplace improvement needs
- Support & collaboratively help to build engagement teams within the cross functional areas of the company
- Research & work with vendors & other departments to build employee engagement initiatives
You are awesome for this role because:
- 3+ years HR experience, employee engagement, team collaboration
- Dynamic personality - you are someone others want to connect with on a daily basis
- Proven track record of being energetic, forward thinking & creative, while also being able to challenge assumptions while providing best in class HR
- Flexible to changing priorities; must be able to shift priorities quickly
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to facilitate, train & present to large groups
- The ability to handle tasks independently, as well as with a team, & to effectively communicate with a range of individuals, from senior managers & affiliated partners to team members
- Strong organizational & project management skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong employee relations & organizational development experience
- Proven ability to introduce new ideas & programs in a culturally diverse workforce
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment & open to new ideas