Away is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Director to develop physical product strategy that drives business goals & grows our brand affinity. This person will lead execution of product marketing strategy including product architecture, briefing, launch process & go-to-market. This position is highly cross-functional, working closely with Merchandising, Product Development, Product Design, Insights, Creative, Retail, Customer Experience & the broader Marketing team (and more!) to deliver the best experience with our products. An ideal candidate is equal parts creative & analytical & is brand-obsessedalways considering strategic & innovative ways to amplify our purpose through physical product.
The role reports to the VP of Brand Marketing & is based in our Soho, New York Headquarters.
What youll do:
- Own launch of a new physical product over its entire lifecyclefrom strategic brief to in-market launch
- Develop product pipeline strategy in-line with our company goals, strategic direction & brand positioning to grow market share in current categories & new subcategories
- Build physical product architecture & white space analysis to inform business case
- Create product briefs for our Merchandising & Product Development teams that are rooted in customer insights; work closely with both of these teams as assortment strategy & physical product are developed
- Lead go-to-market execution of all new products including product positioning, messaging strategy, full packaging & unboxing experience, cross-functional communication
- Work with Merchandising & Operations teams to make recommendations on pricing, forecasting, timeline milestones
- Act as the key point of contact on Brand Marketing for all cross-functional (and inter-team) leads & senior management on product strategy & messaging while ensuring that supporting tactics align with brand & product positioning
- Be on top of product marketing trends & competitive landscape to shape future innovation & renovation strategies
- Develop & maintain KPIs that track the success of a new product across its entire lifecycle
Who you are:
- Have 8+ years of relevant working experience; brand management and/or innovation experience preferred
- Customer-obsessedyou understand our customer & how to leverage insights to build strategies that innovate & renovate in a way that bolsters our brand story & drives business outcomes
- A leader who has managed cross functional teamssomeone who people want to learn from, work with, & are inspired by
- Think locally & globallyalways considering how we may need to tailor our strategy & execution
- Deeply familiar with brand strategy, product marketing strategy & executional components from brief to in-market
- Both analytical & creative as well as strategic & tactical, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to lead conversations with cross-functionals & senior leaders
- Are culturally-aware & naturally curious, always pushing one step ahead
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment - agile & nimble in both leadership & execution
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Love to travel (but that's a given) - willing to travel for work
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.