The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source the business itself no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, & businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent & drive digital discovery, engagement, & revenue all from a single source of truth. Yexts mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a motivated, creative, self-sufficient, & high energy Deal Desk Analystto join our Finance team to learn & grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of a contract acceptance process, working closely with the sales & legal teams to understand various contract terms & identify process improvement & internal control gaps. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, attention to detail & ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Perform the final review of a sales contract before it is accepted by the finance team & entered into our systems
- Liaise with both the legal & sales teams to understand various contract terms & discuss with the finance team the implications on our billing process, accounting policies & business policies
- Verify discrepancies in contracts & resolve issues with the sales and/or legal team
- Ensure data included in the contract agrees to the internal systems prior to approval & is in line with our business policies
- Act as the final approver for all revenue contracts before they are accepted by the Company
- Assist the Finance team with identifying underlying process issues & internal control gaps, propose process changes & new controls as necessary
- Measure performance & report metrics to the Company to assist in developing process changes upstream to prevent future errors
- Provide ad-hoc reporting & analysis to the team when requested
- Structuring deals to benefit the company
- BA/BS or similar college level education in Accounting, Finance or Math or equivalent work experience
- Ability to identify problems & discrepancies, independently perform research & analysis of causes, & recommend corrective actions
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly & precisely on technical & operational issues
- Must be detail & results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, & constantly evolving environment
- Ability to evaluate priorities & multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Excellent written & formal presentation skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word, & Powerpoint
- Operational accounting experience within SEC registered companies
- Exposure to Zuora & Salesforce
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.