Software Motor Company (SMC) is changing the way the world consumes energy with its patented hardware & intelligent software. Join us in revolutionizing the $100 billion-plus electric motor industry with a new system so efficient, reliable, & adaptable that it reduces energy use by 50%+ over conventional alternatives.
Coordinate cross-functional product development activities that often span distributed internal teams (Product, Sourcing, Engineering, Manufacturing), external technology partners, & suppliers. Capture, update & track resolution of project issues. Own the formal release of engineering documentation using Arena & help us keep our product development cycle on track. Work with a variety of stakeholders to establish & execute project plans including addressing product requirements, schedule & cost.
Were a small & fast-growing companyyoull have the opportunity to work closely with experts in their fields. You are an effective communicator in all mediums, & utilize interpersonal skills that enable you to work across teams with a variety of stakeholders successfully. As a project coordinator, youll develop rapport & manage expectations by effectively tracking & communicating project status to keep all your stakeholders in the loop & connected. You enjoy coordinating collaborative, multi-disciplinary development activities as part of a distributed workforce.
We value & hire for curiosity, integrity, excellence, respect, & contribution. Were creating a team of multidisciplinary experts looking to transform the world.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Engineering)
- 3+ years experience working in a Project Coordination role, preferably in the consumer electronics sector
- Experience managing project issues in Jira, reporting with Confluence
- Experience managing engineering documentation in Arena, ideally in conjunction with Solidworks PDM
- Experience creating & maintaining project schedules in Microsoft Project or similar tools, monitor project team progress & adjust as required to assess risks & control scope.
- Experience managing all phases of the product development life cycle, including transitioning product development efforts to product manufacturing
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) & 401(k)
- Open PTO policy
- Autonomy & flexibility to build green tech from the ground up
- Incredible growth potential - we are revolutionizing the electric motor industry
Software Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.