Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart, always striving for our products to enable anyone to tell their story to the world beautifully.Squarespace is looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded research leader to help us take our research program to the next level.
At Squarespace, we make beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. Youll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, & creative professionals, who inspire us every day. You will create the research strategy while building a research team & working closely with interdisciplinary team members across the company, who will be hungry both for your research insights, & for your leadership in establishing & implementing a strategic vision for how user research will make Squarespace better. Youll also be a capable researcher, with diverse & deep methods experience, blending qualitative & quantitative methods to tell a complete picture of our customer base.
This role reports to the Director, Product Design in New York.
- Hire & lead a team of researchers to identify & explore new opportunities, help design & implement new products & help Squarespace keep customers at the center
- Establish the UX research vision for our products, partnering with department heads to ensure agreement
- Share tangible findings & prioritized recommendations regularly ensuring outcomes align to business goals
- Build our own research toolkit including interviews, surveys, concept studies, usability testing, ethnographic observations, card sorting, participatory design, etc.
- Build, grow, & nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, customer operations, & engineers
- Identify & act upon opportunities to support customer success & business goals through compelling user research
- Get your hands dirty by conducting & creating impact from your hands-on research
- Mentor colleagues across the company in conducting effective customer research, from guerrilla to formalized
- 7+ years experience in user research. 3+ years experience managing research teams
- Experience hiring & developing effective UX research teams
- BA/BS in HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or other related field.
- Broad & deep understanding of qualitative & quantitative UX research methods, & experience with when & how to apply different methods
- Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from data, & building relationships across interdisciplinary partners
- A genuine passion for finely-crafted user experiences that are both elegant & usable
- Establish & evangelize research best practices & processes across the discipline