The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will shape how data is collected, transformed, & leveraged to develop essential new capabilities & features for Yexts products. We manage large amounts of structured master data on behalf of some of the worlds largest companies & collect transactional data through end-user-facing applications we host directly for these clients. Our mission revolves around deeply understanding user intent so we can deliver relevant & accurate answers to questions, everywhere people search.
Yext clients cover a tremendous breadth of industries. We are seeking data scientists excited to discover opportunities in data across a wide variety of business domains. You will work collaboratively with cross-team partners in software engineering, product management, & strategy. This approach will allow you to participate fully in the product development lifecycle & make pragmatic decisions about the design, training, & deployment of machine learning models driving key product features.
What You'll Do
- Partner with product management & engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle
- Solve "full stack" Data Science problems Implement solutions to a data science problem in a production environment, coping with all the challenges (such as data cleanliness, performance, unexpected feedback loops, & concept drift) that arise
- Articulate Data Science & machine learning concepts to a variety of audiences (product managers, software engineers, executives, sales partners)
- Mentor junior team members, provide technical leadership & execution guidance
- Dive deep into the details when called for while demonstrating good judgement about when to simplify & prioritize
What You Have
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., computer science, mathematics, business analytics, statistics, applied mathematics, economics, or operations research, or similar college level education
- 5+ years of work experience working in a technical role
- Autodidactic, Self directed You are able to dive into a new unfamiliar problem domain & start learning about it You are comfortable with uncertainty & project evolution
- Effective communicator, a good writer, & know effective means of visually displaying quantitative information
- Experience leading cross-functional agile work streams & scaling data-driven initiatives
- Fluency with data analysis software & tools such as Python & SQL
- Exceptional multi-tasking, project management, & leadership skills
- Experience with JVM languages (Java, Scala) a plus. GoLang or C++ also great!
- Experience with AWS, Linux & Mac environments
- Excellent ability to cope with "glue" problems - shell scripting, debugging python environment problems, fixing broken packages
- Knowledge of Python or R, & the machine learning, data processing & visualization packages (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, Matplotlib)
- Knowledge of SQL & databases like MySQL, Postgres, Presto & Hive.
- Knowledge of neural network packages (TensorFlow, PyTorch) & state-of-the-art transformer/NLP models & techniques (e.g. FastText, BERT, et al.)
- Knowledge of statistics & good experimental practices (e.g. how to run a powerful A/B test & test for significance)
- Knowledge of techniques in unsupervised machine learning & information retrieval & mining (e.g. DBSCAN, k-Means, indexes)
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.