Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate People Scientist to join our People team in our Arizona or New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We're looking for an Associate People Scientist to sit within the People Team. In this exciting new role, you will build the foundation of data definitions & data visualization here at Oscar. You will bring strong analytical skills, knowledge of data science principles & an ability to communicate technical concepts to partners with non-technical backgrounds. In partnership with HR & business leaders, you will actively listen, proactively advise on business challenges, & present actionable recommendations to support those challenges.
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, data science & data visualization to help Oscar recruit, select, grow, & retain talent, etc
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Collaborate with data engineering & visualization engineers to access & manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, & display results
- Partner with the HR, recruiting & diversity teams on people projects to identify & clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people processes, & analyze data to drive improvements
- Bring together Oscar -specific data & outside research to help leaders understand people issues
- Communicate statistical analyses & results, along with implications, to technical & non-technical audiences
- Collaborate effectively with the Employment Law team on a variety of sensitive projects
- Collaborate effectively with & mentor other team members
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment & discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Behavioral Economics, Data Science, Human Development, Health & Behavior, Human Centered Design, Sociology, Anthropology, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience as a hands-on applied researcher
- Experience using both applied quantitative & qualitative methods (e.g., interview, focus groups, survey, RCTs, A/B testing, thematic analysis, ethnographic research)
- Experience with multivariate statistical techniques
- Experience with, or eager to learn, various data analytic & experimentation tools & platforms (e.g., R, Looker, Braze, SQL).
- Experience presenting research insights to technical & non-technical audiences
- Experience influencing business & product decisions using research & data
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.