The mission of Asana Engineering is to build Asanas products at a high quality bar at a sustained high velocity. As the Engineering Operations lead, you will assist engineering leaders in pursuing our mission by gathering data, identifying gaps, improving processes, aligning teams & communicating results across the company.
We are looking for an experienced leader who will up-level the engineering organization on measurement, management & communication of our work. This is a new role & youll be setting up the foundation of engineering operations at Asana. You will directly contribute to improving execution & work with other leaders to identify, prioritize, & evangelize strategic opportunities to improve execution & processes. You will report directly into the Head of Engineering.
- Develop, lead, delegate & guide key initiatives to scale the engineering team (in partnership with engineering leaders & People Ops).
- Iterate on & optimize engineering on-boarding & training programs
- Identify gaps in engineering leadership/management & develop programs to address
- Spread good practices related to: program execution, cross-office communication, cross-functional collaboration
- Create process for identifying, prioritizing & staffing work towards developer efficiency
- Own the execution & evolution of key processes & rhythms of the eng organizations. e.g.
- Tracking program execution across teams & identifying challenges & opportunities
- Coordinating/communicating staffing decisions
- Headcount assignment & tracking
- Off-sprint, hackathon
- Increase speed of decision-making
- Identify crucial decisions blocked by lack of clarity, create appropriate process, bring stakeholders together & drive to conclusion
- Ensure progress towards goals is clearly & consistently communicated by teams
- 8 years relevant professional experience, including: software development, engineering management, management consulting, project/program management of software deliverables
- Experience leading & supporting high-performance, collaborative, engineering teams; expertise in software development processes
- Strong systems thinking
- Demonstrated leadership (with & without formal authority)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- B.S. or higher, preferably in a quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.).
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber & Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation & business results, & for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE & one of Glassdoors Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, & Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.