The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, & how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company & drives key roadmap decisions.
As one of three team managers youll help grow & scale a small but influential research discipline. Youll operate as player-coach & be fully embedded with a team of designers, PMs, marketers & other cross-functional partners, accountable for delivering profound insights that drive product & marketing. This means your hands on at every level & scope of research, from the generative to the evaluative & everything in between.
What youll achieve
- Lead a small team of researchers by providing expert guidance in identifying, conducting, & synthesizing research
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, & execute on the highest leveraged work
- Hire & manage top-notch talent to develop & grow the research organization
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research & insights for our product teams
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience as an Experience Researcher & a further 2+ years of experience leading & managing a research team
- Expert in a range of evaluative & generative research methodologies including lean experimentation
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights for you & your team
- Know how to hire, motivate, & develop a team of talented UX Researchers
- Quickly build trust & rapport with stakeholders at every level & role including senior leadership, Engineers, Product Managers, & Designers
- Believe that every project is strategic
- Can teach & leverage frameworks & model-thinking
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.