CoinList, one of the fastest growing crypto financial platforms, is where the best crypto projects in the world build their communities. We support the full lifecycle of crypto projects, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, & crypto-specific services such as staking & access to decentralized-finance opportunities. We've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, & Algorand get off the ground & helped crypto enthusiasts by facilitating more than $1.2 billion in crypto trades. We are the crypto platform for the smartest users in the crypto space. Our customer base includes validators, miners, founders, CEOs, crypto funds, & their principals. We are backed by top-tier investors with offices in SF & NY. We are just getting started.
CoinList & its affiliated entities continue to expand the scope of services offered to our clients, thereby adding complexity to our growing business. As the Chief Compliance Officer of CoinLists parent company & its crypto exchange, youll report directly to senior management & work cross-functionally across our business & engineering teams to scale our compliance processes, enhance our internal controls, & manage the day-to-day compliance functions at CoinList. Youll be at the frontline working with our talented team to ensure timely resolution of matters relating to KYC & AML reporting obligations. We work in a fast-past environment on the cutting edge of financial services & are looking for someone who can step in & lead the build out of our compliance & risk management framework.
- Streamline compliance flows. Youll work directly with other team leaders & project managers to further enhance our KYC program, drive processes around privacy compliance, & construct a framework that promotes efficient & effective compliance operations.
- Develop risk management processes. Youll review, identify & evaluate compliance risks, establish additional internal controls to mitigate risks, refine & oversee risk monitoring & testing programs, & implement our incident response plan. Youll also lead cross-functional compliance issue management & remediation.
- Manage regulatory reporting. With assistance from other team members, you will oversee processes to ensure timely regulatory reporting that is compliant with applicable federal regulations such as SARs & CTRs as well as the various state obligations under MTL regulations.
- Own compliance functions. You will provide comprehensive oversight & ownership of the entire companys compliance program. You will develop,implement & further refine internal compliance procedures, infrastructure, & controls, including those related to AML, KYC, & fraud. You will provide training on the companys compliance functions to new employees & company-wide on a regular periodic basis.
- Serve as Point of Contact. You will serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory exams, independent third-party audits, & other inquiries of a similar nature, with assistance from team members in providing responses & document production.
- Lead & scale alongside our business. Crypto is complicated & always changing. No matter what the situation or problem, you will ensure our compliance obligations are met. Youll use critical thinking skills to quickly identify control issues, evaluate risk, & draw the appropriate conclusions including remediation actions.
Who you are:
- You are an expert in KYC & AML. You have at least 7 years directing KYC & AML compliance programs in a financial services firm & have a solid grasp of the BSA & other laws & regulations applicable to a regulated financial institution.
- You know financial services. As we look to expand into other financial service areas, we want you to grow with us. Our ideal CCO has worked in investment management or in securities brokerage house & understands the compliance aspects of both.
- Youre excited about cryptocurrency & understand the basics. CoinLists mission is to help the best crypto companies & their communities succeed. Were incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, & you should be too.
- You have integrity. CoinList is a trusted partner for both the industry & our customers. Mistakes may happen but when they do you always take responsibility & work to find a solution. Integrity is core to our values & core to our success.
- You thrive in a start-up. Start-ups are dynamic, which makes them fun. We move fast & often there is ambiguity in next steps. You understand how to maneuver in this environment because you have worked closely with a start-up or operationalized a compliance function at a prior firm.
- You find it fun to work in a challenging industry with an ambitious company. CoinLists customers are looking to execute transactions quickly. You thrive under high pressure situations like ours & enjoy keeping others calm, on task, & on track.