BuzzFeed is looking for an eager & intelligent undergraduate rising Senior to join the Global Media Planning team for summer 2020. This internship is a full-time, paid opportunity.
In this role you will join the Pricing & Planning team, based in our LA & NYC offices, to support the tactical & strategic projects. Applying market research & critical analysis, BuzzFeeds Media Planners devise or recommend strategies for using our product mix effectively to drive successful campaigns for our clients.
This Summer, You Will Learn:
- How Buzzfeed is positioned as the leading digital publisher, the social landscape in which Buzzfeed plays
- How to work cross-functionally with Client Partnerships & Account Management teams to identify client needs, objectives, & goals
- How to build thoughtful media plans that achieve client satisfaction & maximizes BuzzFeeds revenue
- Strong excel skills, & substantial media math
- Create media plan templates for packages that can be shared across Client Partnerships & Account Management
- Support all planning system entry functions in our CRM & Work Order Management systems
- Coordinate with Pricing & Planning to determine pricing exceptions & price tags for new opportunities
- Manage product catalog across our CRM & Work Order Management systems
- Handle any & all ad-hoc requests in a timely, efficient manner
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year BA / BS program
- Passionate about digital / social media
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with CRMs (Salesforce) & with Order Management systems preferred, but not required
- - Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working directly with Sales teams a plus
- - Excellent analytical & critical thinking abilities
- - Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- - Experience working with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.