Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a senior leader to spearhead our efforts in deploying both a vision & strategy for how insights & analytics can transform DOs roadmap for todays & tomorrows cloud ecosystem.
This leader will be leading the Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence, & Data Engineering functions, which collaborate stakeholders across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing robust & relevant analysis, insights, predictions, & actionable data-guided recommendations, built on a robust data & business intelligence platform. This role will act as the driving force in communicating the relevant findings needed to steer strategic decision making at the Executive level, whilst ensuring the team is enabled to execute on key insights projects & broad cross-functional initiatives. DigitalOcean is a highly collaborative company. You will be engaging with business teams from engineering, product, marketing, sales, finance & people, to cut through the noise & provide actionable intelligence.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Lead & continue to grow a team of high performing Analysts, Data Engineers, & Data Scientists that can quickly & accurately synthesize data into impactful insights.
- Understand & manage the data needs of stakeholders across the company. Develop the vision & map strategy to provide proactive solutions & enable stakeholders to extract insights & value from data.
- Provide leadership in developing standards, architectural design, & best practices to maintain an exemplary data management organization
- Partner with key stakeholders (including product, marketing, finance, sales, & engineering) to meet analytical needs & continuously improve our insight-creation capabilities
- Ability to influence & gain buy-in to achieve desired results
- Anticipate data needs across the organization & work with functional leads to advocate for data-driven decisions & frameworks
- Work closely with DOs executive team to help set business strategy, initiate & direct execution across a number of key programs & initiatives, & drive informed high-impact decisions
- Provide technical leadership & guidance in partnering with Engineering, Product, & Infrastructure to capture & utilize data effectively.
- Partner with the Engineering organization to develop & execute on a company-wide Data & Technology strategy, ensuring high availability of, & confidence in source data.
- Further build & enhance career development for the team, especially those with a more technical background, to ensure team members understand current expectations in their role & potential career path(s). Foster mentoring throughout the team.
What Well Expect From You:
- Deep knowledge & experience in data & analytics, insights creation & strategy development.
- Experience managing & mentoring data science, data engineering, and/or analytics teams, managers, & directors
- Strong strategic business acumen, experience in change management, & a continuous improvement champion & presenting to C-level audiences
- Strong knowledge of data architecture, & business intelligence data modeling principles.
- Business operations process knowledge for a SaaS based company
- Excellent communication, adaptability & collaboration skills & experience partnering with diverse business teams to develop & execute against a technology roadmap
- Understanding of business strategy & key-competitors within the Cloud Computing SaaS industry
- Background in ETL & data processing - you know how to transform data to meet business goals
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!