Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As the Payroll Analyst at Intersection, you will be responsible for processing & reviewing multi-state payroll for over 150 weekly paid employees across the United States, including exempt & non-exempt populations, as well as union employees. You will liaise with our People Ops team to collect & organize payroll data before submitting payroll. You will oversee & complete the weekly payroll cycle reporting & analyses.
Within your first month:
- You will build relationships within the People Operations team.
- You will spend a significant amount of time learning the intricacies of the weekly payroll process at Intersection.
- You will begin to provide customer service for Intersection employees & assist with any questions or concerns they might have related to payroll.
- You will process all new hire paperwork, file unemployment forms, & enforce compliance with multi-state/federal payroll reporting & tax requirements.
- You will master the ability to prepare, review & process the weekly payroll on your own.
Within your first three months:
- You will begin to research new & improved ways to utilize ADP to improve our employee data capabilities & reporting.
- You will perform payroll data entry processing, including hours worked, paid leave taken, compensation changes, deductions, exemption, & withholding changes, direct deposit changes & any other payroll related activities.
- You have partnered closely with our finance team on monthly payroll reporting requirements.
- You have cross-trained on the semi-monthly payroll process & are able to process the semi-monthly payroll when requested.
Within your first six months:
- You have reviewed & analyzed payroll, benefits & tax procedures to recommend & implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- You have had successfully implemented processes for automation & improved workflows in ADP Workforce Now.
You're great for this role because:
- You have at least 2-4 years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment.
- You have a working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now (WFN) payroll.
- You have experience with union & hourly payroll & balancing weekly & semi-monthly payroll processing.
- You have a broad scope of experience in payroll processing across FLSA, taxation, & payroll-related benefits such as 401(k), FSA, etc.
- You are able to critically review & analyze current payroll, benefits & tax procedures in order to recommend & implement changes leading to best-practices.
- You are able to develop & implement controls, policies, & procedures.
- You are very adept in Excel & comfortable with numbers. You are able to develop complex formulas & relational references.
- Knowledge of state & federal employment & payroll law.
- Ability to execute Time & Attendance processing & interface with payroll.
- Knowledge of year-end payroll taxes & related processes.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, attention to detail & prioritization skills.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.