Do you get excited about creating the best in class customer experiences? Do you enjoy the fast-paced culture of a high growth tech startup where you have the opportunity to directly impact the business success? As the Field Marketing Manager for the Southeast at Databricks, you will work closely with your sales & marketing stakeholders to drive a territory strategy & build & execute a scalable mix of programs in your region to increase awareness, drive engagement, generate leads, & support conversion rates.
In this role you will also be responsible for:
- Managing the flow of leads from your field events into marketing automation systems & to sales team stakeholders to maximize pipeline generation & conversion.
- Effectively managing budgets & evaluating the ROI of all programs.
- Evaluating partner & third party event co-marketing opportunities.
- Meet or exceed marketing program pipeline targets agreed with Sales teams
- Meet or exceed attendance targets at live field events
- Define a repeatable menu of local events, evaluate partner & third party event co-marketing opportunities that maximize impact, & scale this function in the region
- 2020 Field Marketing plan defined for region based on budget & ROI analysis
- Happy sales stakeholders & strong relationships with an assigned sales team
- 5+ years experience managing events, including at least 3 years running other field marketing programs
- Experience running other field programs beyond physical events (webinars, email campaigns, direct mail, etc.)
- Experience working in an enterprise software company
- Experience working closely with a direct sales team & regional channel partners
- Experience holding event budget authority & managing budgets across an event series
- Experience having pipeline building responsibility & accountability for sales
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com & Marketo (building emails, lists & landing pages)
- Must be metrics-driven & be a very strong analytical thinker
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs & priorities while remaining positive, flexible, & open to continuous growth & improvement
- Proven capacity for exceptional customer service to internal & external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication & collaboration skills are critical
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, & drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Family Planning
- Maternity & paternity plans
Databricks mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering & Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering & lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL & interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity & total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA & Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, & HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark & Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.