Thrillist is looking for an Audience Development Coordinator to manage the growth & success of the brands Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Pinterest accounts, as well as emerging platforms. This role will be responsible for maintaining the brands voice, growing its audience across social platforms, & maintaining & increasing brand trust & loyalty on social by scheduling content, writing copy, & monitoring content & channel performance.
The Audience Development Coordinator reports directly to Thrillist Director of Audience Development.
The Audience Development Coordinator will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Coordinate with the Social Media Manager to handle day-to-day posting, copywriting, editing, & optimization of content on multiple social media platforms including but limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, & emerging social platforms
- Create a monthly social content calendar & work with the design team to develop creative assets to support the content
- Make regular content recommendations to the editorial team, based on social & audience trends
- Work closely with editorial & design stakeholders to roll out monthly launches across social, as well as any tentpoles, one-off projects, or packages
- Collaborate with the Video & Podcast team to strategize ways to promote new video and/or podcast content across social platforms
- Master & refine Thrillists editorial voice on all of our social channels, exhibiting excellent judgment & audience-sensitive framing
- Responsible for engaging with the audience, community management, & responding to readers real-time social needs
- Develop testing strategies around medium (images, video) & message (headline, social share text), to engage with the audience
- Report on social content performance & present social insights & best practices
- A bachelor's degree & 2 years of social media experience
- Deep understanding of social advertising with prior experience in a social marketing role for a brand, media company, or agency
- Ability to spot consumer trends & behavior through social listening
- Have a deep understanding of strategy & analytics to make decisions based on that information
- Proven ability to hit key social & engagement metrics
- Familiarity with tools like SocialFlow, Dash Hudson, Parse.ly, Google Analytics, and/or Chartbeat
- Proven ability to master brand voice
- Strong editorial judgment & attention to detail
- Nimble, creative, & thoughtful, bringing fresh ideas to the team daily
- Good communicator, organization skills, & collaborative team member
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
Thrillist is the #1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [source: Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020.] Thrillist serves as a guidebook for those that want new experiences & long to turn a good time into a great time. Our nonstop coverage of local culture inspires audiences to discover their world & celebrate every moment. In a serious world, we take fun seriously. In December 2016, Thrillist joined forces with NowThis, The Dodo, POPSUGAR & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.