Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers & researchers. Our product teams are collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We are looking for promising designers for our summer intern program to work with full-time product designers on our Commerce & Presence teams. The Commerce team is focused on helping entrepreneurs start & grow their online businesses on Squarespace. The Presence team provides the platform for customers to build a website that expresses their brand through online content & outstanding design.. Together with the product team, you will explore new opportunities for Squarespace users to expand their reach & share their products to vast, new audiences.
These roles will report to Senior Product Designers & be based in our New York City office.
- Collaborate on project briefs & scoping
- Create rational, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes & early-stage prototypes
- Want to understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which you'll work with
- Clearly present ideas & work to the product team & larger group
- Deliver comps, flows & assets to team members
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Graduated student (Spring 2023) or currently enrolled student graduating in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Previous internship or work experience
- An understanding of visual & user experience design
- Experience using Figma
- An understanding of web & mobile applications
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Applications will be accepted through March 10, 2023 at 5pm ET.
Cash Compensation Range: $45.00 / hourly USD
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.