Were looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to help us design, build & scale services to support our growing business. If you are someone with a passion for developing reliable mission-critical software that creates simple abstractions for complex infrastructure, wed like to talk to you. This is a Senior role & requires a high degree of technical leadership, impact & ownership. We look for an ability to drive a product from requirements phase through delivery. To be successful in this role you should bring a passion for high quality, testable code & set a high standard across the organization. A key focus of our Platform team is building tools & automation that makes the whole team more productive & our systems more dependable. Finally, as a leader on this team we look to you to offer mentorship & guidance to those around you, making the Engineers & teams you work with more effective.
- An automation enthusiast. You love developing services that help Engineering teams build great software
- Someone who thrives in the weeds
- Experienced in supporting high-availability production systems & offering swift responses to critical issues
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems
- Well-honed skills in core Java
- In-depth understanding of algorithms & data structures
- Applied work with tools like Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with concurrency, scaling, & performance improvement
- Direct experience with at least of one these dependency management tools: Maven, Bazel, and/or Gradle
Big Plus If You Have
- Worked with Spring framework
- Done work on cloud/deployment platforms like GCP, AWS, etc.
- Built microservices
- Experience with both SQL & NoSQL databases
- Exposure to Istio, Nginx, HA, or Envoy
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing, widely used consumer-facing product
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. & Australia & has raised over $100 million in venture funding.