Were looking for a unique Travel & Strategic Sourcing expert to join our Workplace team. You will be responsible for end-to-end execution & management of our travel & strategic sourcing program & policies. This program includes, but is not limited, to category management, travel management companies, airlines, hotels, car rentals, ground transportation, event travel, production travel, corporate housing, traveler security, visa, passport & traveler security programs, financial reconciliation & meeting management programs.
This role is ideal for an exceptional person who is passionate about innovating & understanding of cost drivers, leading to business decisions & ultimately scaling within a high growth organization. The role requires a driven individual who is experienced in working for media/production organization & has managed travel programs, creating scale, driving strategic travel relationships & influencing company spend culture.
A key responsibility for this position is to deliver cost efficient travel services through creative efficient processes with high customer satisfaction while maximizing travel policy compliance & savings. The position will serve as the key travel point of contact for all our travelers.
What Youll Do
- Monitor our Travel Management Companys (TMC) performance, service levels & online booking tool (OBT) optimization.
- Make business recommendations on travel program & project activities in line with business goals & objectives.
- Plan, develop & direct the operation of the company's travel policy & services.
- Administer & monitor the travel policies, guidelines & spend to deliver efficient travel
- Lead global travel projects including the evaluation of TMC landscape.
- Optimize supplier partnerships to drive key business results.
- Coordinate room blocks & registrations for large events.
- Provide continuing analysis & development of technology & systems in area of travel plus expense reimbursement.
- Create a process to manage upgrades & other travel benefit programs.
- Negotiate all travel related contracts (TMC, Hotel, Airline, Car rentals, Ground transportation, corporate housing etc.) to optimize travel policy & program compliance, spend visibility, employee satisfaction & cost savings.
Additional Aspects of The Job Include
- Developing strong working relationships with other departments.
- Building relationships with suppliers to position us as a preferred customer.
- Leading Quarterly/Annual Business Reviews of service providers.
- Maintaining knowledge of global travel industry.
- Evaluate, recommend & implement new technology to improve & enhance traveler experience & improve effectiveness of travel program.
- Design & implement travel training/webinars for travelers & travel arrangers.
- Conduct monthly training sessions for new hires to educate them on the Travel program.
- Monitor & troubleshoot various issues that arise from stakeholders & vendors.
- Develop trust within the business so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues you can ensure that all involved understand the issues & agree with the solutions put forward.
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor & report on travel expenditures & compliance.
- Manage reporting, including development of executive travel dashboards with data inclusive of spend, travel metrics for in-policy/out-of-policy compliance, plus volume trends along with exception reporting, budgeting & forecasting.
- Collaborating & working closely with other parts of the organization to implement Total Cost of Ownership improvement opportunities within the specific categories.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in procurement / strategic sourcing & managing corporate travel programs.
- Experience in spend analysis, market & benchmark analysis at a broad level.
- Experience communicating complex & actionable concepts at a senior executive level.
- Intellectual curiosity & a desire to be challenged.
- Team player who is willing to support multiple areas of the business.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, & customer service skills.
- Ability to own & manage significant projects including travel system implementations.
- Detail oriented, organized, & efficient.
- Possess excellent analytical, critical thinking, & problem-solving skills & the ability to apply sound judgment to complex business transactions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- A true total cost of ownership philosophy
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.