Director of Marketing, Americas
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Director of Marketing is responsible for helping to lead the efforts of JUUL vapor product to deliver exponential growth over the next 3-5 years.
- in close partnership with sales & other key functions, marketing must drive the annual business planning process to:
In addition, marketing needs to assume a strong leadership role in defining the optimal consumer target(s), seasonal trends & a new product road map.
- 1) Understand & anticipate customer & consumer wants/needs
- 2) Ensure that all marketing communications, brand activations, etc. reach consumers when/where they are most receptive
- 3) Drive greater household penetration to drive the greatest awareness, trial & repeat purchases while supporting FDA regulations.
- In concert with the Senior Leadership Team, develop & implement brand building strategies & other consumer-driven initiatives to accelerate growth & increase market share & household penetration. This will include assessing the impact of consumer & macroeconomic trends, analyzing geographies & categories, reviewing the Companys capabilities, developing competitive intelligence, & recommending strategies to win.
- Develop brand activation plans that reflect the overarching vision for the U.S. business. Collaborate effectively across all functions to ensure execution with excellence.
- Strategic Marketing Leadership: Provide brand building leadership by assessing the competitive landscape, deeply understanding target consumers, defining the brand strategy & vision & empowering team members to execute marketing plans.
- Agency Relationship Management: Successfully manage agency relationships to ensure that advertising & promotional initiatives are cost-effective, drive ROI & are consistent with the companys overall strategy.
- Consumer Engagement: Enhance the organizations understanding & use of modern marketing touchpoints (i.e. digital, social, mobile) with the aim of developing communities of engaged consumers who can act as brand ambassadors & influencers.
- innovation & New Product Development: Provide organizational leadership which drives new innovation via a multi-year product pipeline & robust research & development plans.
- Recruit, retain, & inspire a world-class marketing team of highly engaged, collaborative professionals to support the future growth & development of the strategic marketing & brand building function.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Seasoned Marketer / Brand Builder: Proven brand builder with 10+ years of progressive B2C marketing experience & success leading integrated marketing & advertising campaigns & teams of 10+ people. Must have expertise in brand launches and/or relaunches both conceptually & strategically. Must be a results-oriented, ROI driven marketer who can tie investments back to business growth.
- Strategic Doer: Naturally proactive with a strong strategic mind grounded in the consumer viewpoint & untapped opportunities for the business. Clarifies & simplifies complex information, spotting trends & possibilities that lead to new business opportunities. Happy to roll up the sleeves as needed to get the work done.
- Relevant Scale & Complexity: Proven track record successfully leading marketing for a business of comparable scale & complexity.
- Digital Expertise/Technical Savvy: Adept at utilizing social & digital channels, as well as traditional media channels to engage consumers. Has led robust research & analytics programs with the ability to generate new knowledge, approaches & consumer understanding. Proven expertise building, executing, & measuring data-driven marketing programs across online & offline channels.
- Consumer-centric: Intense consumer focus; intrinsic ability to get to the heart of consumer issues & win by anticipating their wants & needs
- A superior strategic mindset & intellectual agility. This leader takes a macro or long-term view of the business that is grounded in fact & reality.
- Consistent display of poise & polish; has executive presence & superior communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing, leading, & implementing strategic, performance-based marketing plans & strategies.
- 10+ years of relevant marketing & general management background encompassing strategy, product marketing, brand management, market analysis, market research, with a focus on market expansion & identifying emerging market trends.
- Proven track record delivering outstanding business results for a managed product line.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast, ever changing environment.
- DNA: personable, self-starter, no/low ego, player-coach, collaborative, down to earth, resilient, driven, accountable.
- Ability to motivate & achieve results through a highly visible, transparent management style.
- A fundamental understanding of the numbers encompassing market & financial analysis, pricing, resource allocation, margins, costs, ROI, etc. Ability to understand technical issues & tradeoffs combined with capability of communicating them to business partners.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Exhibits dedication to JUULs mission: Converting smokers & eliminating cigarettes are at the center of all we do. Positively impact global health & be worthy of the highest social trust.
- Do Right: Knows whats wrong & does what's right. Act with conviction & integrity.
- Think BIG: Innovates with courage & ambition.
- Lead with Data: Data-driven, proof-oriented & pragmatic.
- Debate & Commit: Questions & disagrees with candor, then be decisive & execute.
- Act Together: Shares information, respects diverse views & builds trust. Empowers team members & has fun as a team.
- Own It: Is accountable for outcomes, from beginning to end.
- Deliver Excellence: Puts quality first, delivers the best consumer experience & achieves distinctive results, every time.
- Go: Has a passion for action. Values each day as an opportunity to win.
- Marketing/business or technical undergraduate degree is required
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow in your careerwe are rapidly scaling, & you will have the opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility very quickly
- Supportive team members & managers
- Catered lunch & fully stocked snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits, & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Generous referral bonus program