Help Facilitate Our Clients Duty Recovery Efforts Using Data
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Drawback Data Operations Associate to join our Drawback & Refund Services branch of our Trade Management team. In this role, youll be responsible for optimizing our clients drawback recoveries & facilitating their drawback experience alongside some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we collectively challenge the status quo & reduce the friction in global trade.
- Use multiple data sets from various sources & leverage quantitative methodologies to collect, perfect, structure, troubleshoot, & prepare drawback data & reports
- Assist, develop, & generate ad-hoc reporting queries, development of new reports & metrics, as well as enhancements to & support of existing metrics
- Work cross functionally to improve data integrity, completeness, & quality
- Learn to prepare US & foreign duty drawback forms, claims, & other filings as necessary for establishing & maintaining our clients drawback programs
- Use data to proactively investigate drawback recovery enhancements
- Learn to prepare drawback claims utilizing drawback software solutions & data
- Learn drawback regulations, statutes, processes, & policy in order to better service clients, support the business, & develop well-rounded expertise
- Manage & maintain import, export, production, & other client & claim data
- Submit documentation & claims to Customs & follow up as necessary
- Work to ensure compliance with drawback & other regulations
- Support the drawback business & manage the day-to-day drawback operations for multiple clients
You should have:
- 1-2 years of experience using mathematical, logical, & statistical data analytics
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel & Google equivalents, analytical tools such as vlookups, pivot tables, data manipulation, math formulas, if/ifs statements, & concatenations.
- Expert with large sets of data
- Advanced excel data modeling skills required & preferred expertise in data manipulation tools including SQL, SAS, Stata, R, etc.
- Some industry knowledge including classification, valuation, duty minimization & avoidance strategies, government regulations & rulings, & other trade information preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills & detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, & problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university required
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.