Glossier is looking for a highly motivated, analytical, collaborative Analyst within our Global Supply Management group, who is excited to support operational strategies for Glossiers fast scaling supply chain. The role is expected to approach initiatives & supply issues with innovative problem solving, challenging the status quo & optimizing for scale. She/he will play a critical role in our supply chain evolution, analyzing Glossiers overall supply base, driving sourcing improvements, & optimizing product lead times & costs - while prioritizing vendor relationships. She/he will work collaboratively with product development, project management, demand & supply planning, quality, finance & legal teams to ensure cross-functional alignment in key supplier decisions, focusing on both new product development & products in production.
Six Month Expectations:
- Onboard & familiarize with our existing products & vendor base
- Able to create, confirm & track POs & Status of POs within netsuite
- Active involvement in reviewing & analyzing vendor proposals for new product launches - by negotiating the most competitive cost while supporting the need for the highest quality, on time delivery, & the most efficient ordering sequence to maintain inventory levels
- Ability to distinguish the need for additional tooling investments for new product launches
- Support in dissecting, strategizing & managing relationships across all Glossier vendors by achieving a full understanding of their internal policies, capabilities, cost drivers & culture or quality in order to leverage our partnership & support Glossier as we scale
- Support in implementing a delegated purchasing model across all applicable sub-contractor fillers
Twelve Month Expectations:
- Help drive exploration of potential new strategic vendors (examples: new vendors that provide environmental & sustainable materials, locally sourcing, etc.)
- Regularly appraise vendor manufacturing sites to keep up-to-date of all capabilities, limitations & future business opportunities
- Assist in the develop a set of vendor on-boarding documents
- Support in managing vendor scorecard initiatives
- Lead post mortem product launch reviews
- Help create & implement a supplier code of conduct
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree & 2+ years of related experience
- Team player with strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.