The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is responsible for the 4,000+ sellers on 1stDibs in all categories & geographies, the million+ items on the site, & the teams that support these partners & their listed items. Our sellers are a unique & vital part of the 1stDibs community & the CCO is an advocate for the sellers needs, a voice for the seller on the executive team, & is responsible for balancing those needs with overall company direction & success. This role is also externally facing & includes representing 1stDibs at seller events & openings, industry shows & fairs, conferences, panels, external meetings & in the press. The CCO oversees 1stdibs subscription & advertising businesses, including seller additions & churn, pricing, & offerings. The CCOs team rolls out & educates the seller community on features, functions, policies, & direction that 1stDibs offers our sellers in order to help increase their online sales. The following functions report to the CCO: Seller Acquisition & Advertising, Partner Management, Seller Product Marketing & Communications, Art & Design Research, & Supply Operations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about, & has empathy for the seller experience. This individual needs to understand & assess seller needs & then balance them with the needs & realities of the 1stDibs business & the broader market. The candidate must be able to translate fragemeted seller needs from anecdotes & data, into actionable plans & goals that can be easily explained to a range of different internal & external audiences & the press. A passion for or background in the design industry will help a candidate appreciate the unique position of 1stDibs in the design world & the significant opportunities available to the company & our seller base. The ideal candidate enjoys visiting art or design galleries, talking with sellers & gallerists, & collecting art or objects. The ideal candidate also has a deep appreciation for the balance of art + science, particularly in the design industry, as well as deep understanding of communications & PR & an appetite for community management & participation (eg through seminars, webinars, seller visits etc). Experience working with small businesses in both ecommerce & non-ecommerce industries is helpful.
- Subscription revenue business from 4,000+ sellers; accountable for revenue targets
- Seller quality in terms of both inventory & behavior/adherence to our policies
- Pricing related to subscription business, in partnership with finance
- Advertising revenue & team
- Supply growth, both in terms of numbers & quality
- Category & supply-side strategy, including the launch of new categories & countries
- Representing the seller voice & journey internally at 1stDibs
- Representing the 1stDibs voice to sellers though all comms, education, PR etc
- Developing the business case for seller tools & features in partnership with Product team
- Acting as 1stDibs spokesperson, especially for seller-facing events, but also at industry events, conferences, panels, in press etc
- 15+ years in a marketplace or an eCommerce business with increasing responsibility & scaling a team as part of remit
- Experience building & implementing a customer success playbook to scale a business
- Experience translating strategy into execution & changing course as data requires it
- Knowledge of process implementations, organizational structures, & using technology to optimize a function
- Background working with small businesses, retailers, and/or brands & translating the fragmented set of stakeholder needs into a research-backed product
- Understands how to work & thrive in an entrepreneurial startup environment with a balance of doing the work & guiding the work
- Can-do, roll-up-the-sleeves, results-oriented approach; accessible & approachable
- Highly collaborative; track record of building strong internal & external relationships
- Ability to travel as needed
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.