Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented Director, Research & Development (R&D) for the HelloFresh Culinary & Menu Operations team. Were looking for a customer-centric leader who is passionate about food R&D & can help us continue to delight our customer base across our brands. The Director of R&D will be responsible for managing the design & delivery of R&D programs to innovate on culinary product at the ingredient & meal level with a focus on bringing delicious meals to customers at scale through our unique business model. This role will be tasked with building world-class product development & validation programs & teams across our portfolio of brands. The R&D Director will provide technical guidance & business recommendations to senior management for strategic business decisions.
- Lead the new product development process from concept through commercialization across all HelloFresh group products
- Design, lead, & implement all technical development programs to drive innovative meal & ingredient design that fit the unique challenges & opportunities of our direct to consumer business.
- Innovate & develop new products that are based on a thorough understanding of formulation, food safety, & production techniques.
- Define & communicate product design criteria to external resources (vendors, co-manufacturers, etc).
- Leverage internal & external relationships to understand, discover, & develop new & enhanced products.
- Collaborate with Product & Brand to build menus that support product positioning, value propositioning & consumer needs.
- Team with all development kitchens to ensure facilities are utilized as an effective tool for experimenting with new flavors, textures & ideas, the development of new products, & the refinement of existing products.
- Become an expert in our customers taste & dietary preferences.
- Direct staff including hiring, developing, & managing R&D team resources.
- Obsessed with food!
- Innovative You are passionate about the world of product/ ingredient design & innovation. You bring a valuable perspective from your vast experience.
- Collaborative - Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, & able to work well with diverse opinions & competing priorities.
- Hands On Someone who is a strategic team leader & people developer that is also willing to support their team in day-to-day responsibilities as needed.
- Flexible - Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Bias For Action Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas & projects.
At a minimum, you have...
- BA or BS/MS Food, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or equivalent scientific degree required
- 8+ years in depth of knowledge & insight in Food Science
- 5+ years of experience in new product formulation/development in CPG or direct-to-consumer environment
- Excellent functional/technical skills, in particular knowledge of Food Technology, Culinary Science, & Manufacturing understanding
- 4+ years managerial, mentoring & development skills supervising technical teams or individuals, with the ability to lead & interact with cross-functional teams
- Basic knowledge of Food Service Industries
- Keen understanding of FDA & USDA regulations, plus experience with Organic & Kosher foods
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.