Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Social Team
Our Social Media Team protects Thumbtacks brand through organic social media channels & multiple review websites. Were a tight-knit team with a high bar for performance & collaboration. We partner with teams across the company to triage concerns & create on-brand content. Were always striving to improve Thumbtacks brand awareness & better ourselves in the process.
About the Role
Were looking for a Social Media Associate who can adapt to the ever changing world of social media. This includes responding to users through DMs, reaching out to influencers, & creating content for us to post on our organic social media channels. Youre able to work as a team & contribute to our cross-functional partnerships while also working on solo projects.
- Respond efficiently with Thumbtacks brand voice to comments & messages via social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor, app store reviews, & review websites.
- Identify issues, trends, & common problems facing our users; while maintaining knowledge of the Thumbtack platform to assist customers in resolving their concerns.
- Flexibility to take on a wide range of projects with a sense of determination & organization
- Triage escalated concerns & route them to the appropriate queue to be handled by our Trust & Safety Team.
- Create content for Thumbtack organic social media channels by writing copy, creating images, reaching out to users to showcase them on social media, & contributing to brainstorm sessions for the overall strategy.
- Work cross functionally with our Brand Creative, Comms, Trust & Safety, & paid social teams.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1+ years of Social Media Marketing experience. Understanding Social Media strategy & how to drive brand awareness & engagement.
- Strong & flexible copywriting abilities - can write formally & casually, using Thumbtack brand voice.
- Experience working within existing brand guidelines. You also know when & how to flex them, pushing the bounds of creative while remaining true to the brand.
- Strong verbal communication & collaboration in a high-performing team & cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of public relations & brand perspectives.
- High level of professionalism while being customer obsessed.
- Experience using social media management platforms. Khoros is preferred.
- Knowledge of brand reputation management platforms.
- Experience using Figma or Adobe CC.
- Experience handling escalated PR & customer service issues.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.