Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
We are looking for a Salesforce Admin to provide day-to-day configuration & support of DigitalOceans Salesforce.com environment as part of the Business Internal Tooling team. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Salesforce Admin will work with our Sales, Marketing, Support & Security teams to maximize the effectiveness of over 100 employees within Sales & Service Cloud.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Configure & optimize Salesforce using standard declarative capabilities such as workflow & object creation, reporting, user/role/profile administration, marketplace apps & much more
- Partner with stakeholder leaders to create effective Salesforce solutions.
- Establish supportive relationships with frontline Sales & Support team members to improve the overall user experience
- Collaborate with our lead Salesforce Admin to brainstorm solutions & complete assigned tasks
- Work with engineers to improve Salesforce integration with internal systems & data sources.
- Stay up-to-date on new Salesforce features to provide recommendations for process improvements & future integrations
- Participate in a one week on-call rotation approximately every 2 to 3 weeks
What Well Expect From You:
- Strong analytical thinking & comfort with complex business workflows & processes spanning multiple systems
- Ability to organize, prioritize, & act upon work from multiple communication channels simultaneously
- Clear, concise, & influential communicator (written & verbal)
- History of working in a fast-paced environment; preferably in customer support, customer success, or sales
- Collaborate with stakeholders & engineers to find solutions to conflicting change requests (e.g. Sales requests a change that causes problems for Support)
- At least 1 year of experience administering Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, & Communities
- Proficiency making declarative changes to Salesforce, including but not limited to:
- Workflow rules
- Fields, page layouts, record types, profiles, & roles
- Identify tools & technologies to be used as well as reusable objects that support scaling & efficiency
- Process builder
- Report building
- Marketplace app administration
- Flow Builder
- Experience training users on how to use Salesforce
- Salesforce Administration Certification or equivalent experience is ideal.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!