About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products & highly personalized service model, we celebrate & champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. Were scrappy, straightforward, strategic, & snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a whip-smart & energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better & faster & smarterand have more fun while were at it. We are incredibly proud of the team & culture weve built, & are intensely focused on maintaining & evolving this special thing weve got going on.
About the role
We are looking for an accomplished UX Designer to join our Product team. You will help us enhance our existing digital touch points, define new customer journeys, & obsess over the details. You'll own the early stages of research & ideation, & collaborate with teams across the company through the development process.
Youll be key to our mission to get technology out of the customers way, to make building a work wardrobe effortless, & to be strategic about our customer interactions -- arriving with the right message at the right time.
What will you do?
- Design UX/UI of new features & updates across our digital presence & internal tools
- Collaborate with our product, engineering & creative teams to translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs
- Create mobile, desktop & device experiences that are thoughtful & engaging
- Facilitate our customer pathing, & ensure focused, intuitive, & easily navigable experiences
- Develop wireframes, user stories, user journeys, & mockups optimized for a wide range of devices & interfaces
- Work closely with our Analytics team to research user behavior, identify areas of opportunity, define experiments & assess success
- Apply quantitative & qualitative research methodologies (usability studies, 1:1 interviews, focus groups, surveys, etc.) to help us better understand users
- Know our competition & their experiences in & out
- Take smart risks & champion new ideas
What skills do you have?
- You have one to three years of UX design experience
- Youve likely dabbled with UX software such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, or similar tools
- You have a point of view on how products should be developed
- You very clearly communicate, prototype & document your design decisions
- You are well versed in UX design best practices to design solutions, & have a deep understanding of mobile-first & responsive design
- You are thoughtful about user-centered design & testing methodologies, & considerate of usability & accessibility concerns
- You clearly & effectively communicate design processes, ideas, & solutions to stakeholders
- You are passionate about all things UX & design, & demonstrate knowledge in the industrys latest trends & technologies