ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting to join our Accounting & Finance team at Peloton. This position will be part of the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team, which is responsible for our SEC Reporting process, including drafting required financial statements, footnotes & other disclosures under US GAAP as well as monitoring & managing all other external reporting requirements of the company. In addition, this team is the Companys technical accounting function & resource, which includes drafting & updating accounting policies, accounting standard adoption, research & documentation of significant & non-routine transactions & partnering with all aspects of the business to ensure proper & timely technical accounting reviews of proposed transactions & draft contracts. This position will report to the Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting at Pelotons HQ in New York. The Manager will work on multiple projects at once & be responsible for developing & maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Manager may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements & related footnotes for inclusion in quarterly & annual SEC filings, ensuring compliance with all reporting & disclosure requirements under US GAAP & the SEC, as applicable.
- Review & tie out all financial information prior to the release externally, including the quarterly Shareholders Letter, investor materials, debt covenant calculations, statutory financial statements, & any other financial inf the earnings release, documents to support the earnings call & additional needs of the Investor Relations team.
- Prepare subsidiary financial statements for various reporting obligations, ensuring compliance with all reporting & disclosure requirements under US GAAP or local GAAP, as required.
- Update & maintain internal control policies & procedures & provides supporting documentation to internal & external auditors regarding completion of control procedures.
- Prepares impairment tests quarterly, annually & as required of the Companys consolidated tangible & intangible assets.
- Researches the accounting & disclosure requirements of proposed accounting standards & transactions with external parties, considering the relevant accounting literature & the effect of the transaction on the companys financial statements.
- Obtain, review & document accounting & control considerations surrounding all significant & non-routine contracts & transactions, modifications to existing contracts/arrangements with customers & leases. Perform procedures ensuring the completeness of the population of these transactions captured for Technical Accounting review.
- Coordinates with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements & accounting treatment for specific transactions.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license
- 5+ years of external audit, accounting, and/or financial reporting experience at a public company.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear & concise ideas both verbally & in writing; including communication of accounting policies & procedures to corporate & field based Team Members
- Superior problem-solving skills & ability to manage competing priorities & deadlines
- Attention to detail to prepare SEC filings & other financial statements
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize & implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify & prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure & effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands & appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to disaggregate, analyze & reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate & timely manner
- Absolute discretion & confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Proven strong technical writer.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
- IFRS reporting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP & Financial Reporting tools is a plus.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.