Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students & young alumni at over 1,000 colleges & universities including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, & more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity & ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job & kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, & who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds & are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop & retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that youre 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Were looking for a Platform Specialist / Sales Engineer to join our Employer Sales Team - showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible building customized demos of Handshakes products & helping Handshake hit growth & attainment targets.
- Understand the customer's needs, & establish Handshake's product as the best solution that solves the customer's challenges
- Build & present customized demos of Handshake products
- Convey a deep understanding of the customer's technology as it pertains to HS solutions
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, & procedural trainings & certifications to acquire & maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly & annual objectives assigned by management
- Respond effectively to RFPs
- Ability to travel based on territory alignment & region
- Complete security questionnaires
- Proven work experience as a Sales Engineer
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Ability to creatively explain & present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development & web technologies
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation & creativity skills
- Willingness to travel
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave & flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out & see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, & vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware & software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills & career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, & are committed to building a diverse & inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer & welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.