At Streamroot, were working to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, & to bring high quality video to every corner of the world.
With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences & cut bandwidth costs by up to 70%. Market leaders in both Europe & the US, Streamroot powers over 500 million video sessions every month. Our growing customer base includes premier media groups such as Canal+, Dailymotion, Eurosport & Russia Today.
Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot is backed by renowned VC firms & now has offices in New York, Paris & Denver. Its 30 talented employees hail from 13 countries.
As a Backend & Scalability Engineer, you will join our Backend team & develop our Core Backend Platform including our peer matching algorithms & signaling servers. Today, we have several Kubernetes clusters in production spread over multiple availability zones in the cloud. At peak, we support millions of concurrent connections & our goal is to triple this number in the next year. You will help us architect & scale our P2P-related microservices & the data analytics platform receiving tens of thousands of requests per second.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration & accountability. And last but not least, youll enjoy frequent trips & team events.
- Build a scalable & available infrastructure able to support millions of real-time concurrent connections to our servers, as well as tens of thousands of new connections per second.
- Scale our analytics platform to be able to receive & aggregate thousands of requests per second
- Continuously improve our servers performances
- Manage & Maintain our server fleet containing dozens of Instances.
- Automate our build deployment processes with tools such as Ansible.
- Work in an amazing technical environment with constant support & mentoring, pair programming, code reviews & unit testing.